My Muse Has Narcolepsy

20120928-062001.jpg
29. I awoke early/
But my muse is sleeping in/
So I write #haiku/
#haiku

30. Rainy Fall mornings/
Are equally important/
To summer sunrise/
#haiku

31. I need to seduce/
My muse with work’s discipline/
Not these trite #haiku/

32. I want to return/
To more longer form writing/
Explaining big thoughts/
#haiku

33. #Haiku are slothful/
Atomized sharp ideas/
Shared for mere ego/

34. I need to expand/
My thinking to articles/
Published in journals/
#haiku

Advertisements

4 responses to “My Muse Has Narcolepsy

  1. if you write it, i will read. Why not start with those forced free writes you put us students through? I wrote a keeper in your class with one of the free writes for “their eyes are watching god” ( thats the name of the book right? its been awhile lol)

  2. Pingback: Friends’ Friday 39 « Haiga 365

  3. stafford,
    i read a journal almost everyday to “keep up with my profession” 90% of it is wordy ego. the other 10% makes me do my work a whole lot better so i keep reading.
    and i hear the literary journals are the same, but i can’t comment on those.
    haiku makes twain’s quote “if i had more time i would have written a shorter letter” relevant. its more like a photograph than a writing.
    lets a drink a toast to to haiku!
    odella

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s